Spoiler Can younger gods have followings on both worlds?

GloriousShamash
Initiate

Spoiler Can younger gods have followings on both worlds?

Post by GloriousShamash »

Hello, I've been lurking in the forum since obsessively reading the series several weeks ago--great work btw!

It would seem the Elder gods are limited to acting solely through avatars on on Pyrosia, but I don't understand why that would be true for the younger gods as well. (Sorry for this next bit, I forget the younger gods' names.)

We noticed during the Cat Lords bit that a god can have a following on multiple worlds. Why did the Dwarven gods not maintain their connection when some of their followers passed through the portal? Is there anything to stop the old dwarven gods and the new dwarven god from maintaining a combined pantheon now that dwarves are on both worlds?
Last edited by GloriousShamash on Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Spoiler Can younger gods have followings on both worlds?

Post by Lochar »

Either the dwarves forgot about their old god eventually, the One had enough power to block the sense of the faithful from traveling outside his domain, or (most likely in my mind) when the Gods of Sennadar closed off all the portals into Sennadar, they really did a good job of it and locked down everything, even the flowing of faith.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Lochar wrote:Either the dwarves forgot about their old god eventually, the One had enough power to block the sense of the faithful from traveling outside his domain, or (most likely in my mind) when the Gods of Sennadar closed off all the portals into Sennadar, they really did a good job of it and locked down everything, even the flowing of faith.
I don't think they locked out the flow of faith as dolana had faith in tarrin that trancended the ether and reached to sennadar. The goddess had to tell Dolanna the truth so that Tarrin could become a mortal again, that faith kept him going until he could get into his new body.
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

michaelsuave wrote:
Lochar wrote:Either the dwarves forgot about their old god eventually, the One had enough power to block the sense of the faithful from traveling outside his domain, or (most likely in my mind) when the Gods of Sennadar closed off all the portals into Sennadar, they really did a good job of it and locked down everything, even the flowing of faith.
I don't think they locked out the flow of faith as dolana had faith in tarrin that trancended the ether and reached to sennadar. The goddess had to tell Dolanna the truth so that Tarrin could become a mortal again, that faith kept him going until he could get into his new body.
Note: Said faith came AFTER the near complete destruction of the One's icon, his focus of power on Pyrosia.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Lochar wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:
Note: Said faith came AFTER the near complete destruction of the One's icon, his focus of power on Pyrosia.
And Pyrosia has different rules than Sennadar. Many of the rules that the Gods followed on Sennadar were made BY the Gods of Sennadar. I don't know if Pyrosia had any similar rules, but without an Elder God there, I kind of doubt it. And I don't think that Dolanna's faith actually reached into Sennadar. Tarrin never went to Sennadar with Dolanna's faith--he had Niami tell Dolanna what she was doing before he crossed the portal. And it wasn't Dolanna's faith that kept him going, it was the power he could draw from the Firestaff. Remember just when he crossed the portal's threshold his body immediately started to degenerate, and it was only by calling the Firestaff to him and forcing it to defend himself that he could survive.