question conserning the sword (spoiler - topic has ref ch8)

dadrago
Novice

question conserning the sword (spoiler - topic has ref ch8)

Post by dadrago »

if his sword would be able to be re-joined once both halves are found. would the sword carry with it any divine power ??

would he be able to 'compel' the re-joined or reforged sword's power ??

or since it before acted as the 'key' to Tarrin's divine power's would it no longer have any real power since Tarrin has no divine part in him anymore except for his right arm since it reached into the place where the GoG lives ??

several of these questions will no doubt be answered in the next installment of demon's bane. so this is a plea, please write more.

but i can understand RL woe's. i recently got a job on the 2nd shift at a warehouse/distributor packing boxes. no more club seen, since i get out either just at last call or after last call happened. and it's really cut into my EQ playing. plus the guild i'm still currently in has been on life support since the end of summer. out of about 40 character's listed in the guild i'd hazard a guess to say 10 or less are over 50 really. litterally just about all the 'active' players that had character's over 50 have left since august. sorry for the EQ rant.

peace out,
drago
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: question conserning the sword (spoiler - topic has ref ch8)

Post by Lochar »

Since Tarrin is no longer the god that created the sword, when the sword is rejoined, it will be a direct conduit to the firestaff's power.

That's what's got the firestaff so scared, because whoever holds that sword can call upon the full power of the firestaff. And then turn it against it, destroying it.

I imagine the Firestaff would be unhappy about being under the control of a Demon Lord as well.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I imagine that most beings in the multiverse would be upset at the prospect of a demon lord holding that power. The firestaff has enough power to withstand the might of a God on his Home Plane... To someone like the Demon Lord, who already has so much power, it would be very very bad.
dadrago
Novice

Post by dadrago »

Fiferguy wrote:I imagine that most beings in the multiverse would be upset at the prospect of a demon lord holding that power. The firestaff has enough power to withstand the might of a God on his Home Plane... To someone like the Demon Lord, who already has so much power, it would be very very bad.
actually, the firestaff is more powerfull than that. tarrin said that it was his own power of his will to will the firestaff to do his bidding. and at the time his bidding was to protect himself from THE ONE. and yes at that time he was in THE ONE's home plane. if the ONE was just a little more powerful tarrin may not have been able to withstand the struggle he was having with willing the firestaff to do his bidding.

it's just that tarrin was reaching his limit of willpower to control the firestaff through his force of will.

not sure if that helps clear up anything.

drago
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

dadrago wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:I imagine that most beings in the multiverse would be upset at the prospect of a demon lord holding that power. The firestaff has enough power to withstand the might of a God on his Home Plane... To someone like the Demon Lord, who already has so much power, it would be very very bad.
actually, the firestaff is more powerfull than that. tarrin said that it was his own power of his will to will the firestaff to do his bidding. and at the time his bidding was to protect himself from THE ONE. and yes at that time he was in THE ONE's home plane. if the ONE was just a little more powerful tarrin may not have been able to withstand the struggle he was having with willing the firestaff to do his bidding.

it's just that tarrin was reaching his limit of willpower to control the firestaff through his force of will.

drago
Not really... :wink: It would still be a very, very bad thing for the Demon Lord to get his hands on it. And any tool is only as good as the person holding it. True, Tarrin was nearly at his limits when he withstood the power of the One on his home plane, and the Firestaff still had power to go. If the Demon Lord got his hands on that kind of power, it is possible that he could draw out some, if not all, that power. With the right amount of time, anything is possible.
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

As Fel said, the Firestaff is a tool of chaos. It's only purpose is to destroy, whereas the Demonlord wants to rule. It doesn't change the fact that it'd be a bad combination, but the end result wouldn't be domination of said demon lord, it would be chaos :)
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Quindo Ma wrote:As Fel said, the Firestaff is a tool of chaos. It's only purpose is to destroy, whereas the Demonlord wants to rule. It doesn't change the fact that it'd be a bad combination, but the end result wouldn't be domination of said demon lord, it would be chaos :)
Yeah, it would be very, very bad. Though, a little Chaos is good from time to time...helps to keep us on our toes... :twisted:
mbeau
Sorcerer

Post by mbeau »

Fiferguy wrote:
dadrago wrote:

drago
Not really... :wink: It would still be a very, very bad thing for the Demon Lord to get his hands on it. And any tool is only as good as the person holding it. True, Tarrin was nearly at his limits when he withstood the power of the One on his home plane, and the Firestaff still had power to go. If the Demon Lord got his hands on that kind of power, it is possible that he could draw out some, if not all, that power. With the right amount of time, anything is possible.
IIRC, Fel (Through Niami) said that the Demon Lord could *force* the sword to bond to him and thus get access to the powers.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I forget where it says it, but I swear that Fel had written that the sword wouldn't allow anybody but Tarrin to use it. I think it is in the dwarven axe book, when tarrin is talking about protecting the artifact/sword. I think if the demon lord tried to use it, he would be in for a nasty surprise... :twisted:
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

That was back when Tarrin was still the creator of the artifact.

Now the part of him that created it has been literally wiped from existance. Meaning the 'Child of the Firestaff' is no longer the originating power to the sword. It's now a direct conduit to the Firestaff itself.

Support my brother.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Uggh... I must start reading the whole series again to keep up to speed.

I hope I would not take 1 month to get back on speed. I must put my GEAR 5 to engage.

I have disengage the gear for some time. Hehe... I remember his name is Tarrin.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

If I remember well, the firestaff is described as holding an echo of the power Niami used when she was creating sennadar. So I would expect that if the demon Lord actually succeeded the GoG would probably be forced to take a hand. Since it is an echo of the power he gave Niami to create sennadar, he can take it back just as easily imho.

On the other hand, while the demon Lord can compel the sword to bond to him, he may still find it much harder to compel the firestaff to obey him since he is neither a child of the firestaff nor a Mishara. It may end up with the firestaff controlling him instead.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

afrigeek wrote:If I remember well, the firestaff is described as holding an echo of the power Niami used when she was creating sennadar. So I would expect that if the demon Lord actually succeeded the GoG would probably be forced to take a hand. Since it is an echo of the power he gave Niami to create sennadar, he can take it back just as easily imho.

On the other hand, while the demon Lord can compel the sword to bond to him, he may still find it much harder to compel the firestaff to obey him since he is neither a child of the firestaff nor a Mishara. It may end up with the firestaff controlling him instead.
The Firestaff holds an echo of creation in general, not Aiyse (Yes, I f'ed the spelling). The Firestaff was brought to Sennadar by another group. It's the embodiment of chaos. The only reason it creates is to create a destroyer.

And that's why the sword is so important now. The sword will be able to access the Firestaff's power but act as a buffer to the 'return the universe to chaos' effect. That's why Tarrin needs it as well, so he can draw the full power of the Firestaff and turn it against itself to destroy it.

Support my brother.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

I think he's going to use it first to get rid of the Demon Lord and his minions... then destroy the firestaff and the sword at the same time. Or perhaps in the process of getting rid of the DL.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fiferguy wrote:I think he's going to use it first to get rid of the Demon Lord and his minions... then destroy the firestaff and the sword at the same time. Or perhaps in the process of getting rid of the DL.
Heck, he shouldn't really need the sword at all, I mean he stood up to the One using only the Firestaff, the Firestaff by itself should be powerful enough to kill the Demon Lord.