CH. 18 THOUGHTS  HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY SPOILERS!!

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

CH. 18 THOUGHTS  HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY SPOILERS!!

Post by Lochar »

You have been WARNED!

3 words.

Holy.  F'ing.  Shit.

God damn what a way to end the book.

You have to wonder exactly how Tarrin's going to manage to kill the One on his home plane.  That, and how exactly he's going to find the right plane.  Stick his head in several hundred thousand portals until he finds the right one?  LOL

I can see Pyrosia ending up with the demons getting one piece, and Dolanna's side getting the other one.  Then it's just a fight to get to the shadow and protect/destroy it.  That shadow is going to be the key to all of this.  If the sword is reforged, I can see needing the power that the shadow has as being required to "jumpstart" the godly energies in it.

If Niami projected into the Core, would she be able to sense Tarrin then?  Or would it be just like 2 mortals wandering the streets?  Maybe she could help him find the correct portal into the One's domain then.  Of course, if Niami finds Tarrin in the Core, you can be almost guarenteed that she's going to go with him into said plane.  And the poor little One is going to get his ass tore up as an Elder Goddess of a plane extremely close to the Core gets her hands on the God that tortured her son so.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: CH. 18 THOUGHTS  HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY SPOILERS!!

Post by Hearly »

Very very cool, But you have to wonder, if Tarrin is in the outer planes why Couldn't Niami feel/Find him..
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Because technically, he's different now.  He left his mortal body behind completely.  He's a god with a mortal's mind pretty much.

Remember that Niami is looking for a mortal's soul with a divine touch.  Not a divine shell created around a divine soul.

Support my brother.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

lochar wrote:Because technically, he's different now.  He left his mortal body behind completely.  He's a god with a mortal's mind pretty much.

Remember that Niami is looking for a mortal's soul with a divine touch.  Not a divine shell created around a divine soul.

True, BUT she did hold his soul inside her at one point, so you'd assume she'd know what to look for...
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

And she probably does, if she thinks to look for it again that way.  I think it's a little more than just two mortals wandering the streets: remember the innkeeper was able to tell Tarrin was a god, so they must have some kind of aura others can sense.  I'm not sure how far it goes, though. I wouldn' t think  she could search for him as fast as she does Pyrosia.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

But he had to lay eyes on him, and Tarrin was a stranger among them.  He was a god among the Archons, which meant he stood out quite well.

Once he gets closer to the core, the only thing odd about him that will stand out is that he isn't a projection but a physcial form.  He'll be around other, stronger gods and that won't make it any easier for Niami to find him.

Granted, seeing or hearing about a were-cat in the Core will probably have all of the younger gods looking for him to, as they know the sooner Tarrin comes home, the sooner their followers can use magic again.

Support my brother.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Guess I'll have to chime in on this one.

Niami can't find Tarrin's soul because he is not in her domain.  Remember, her omniscient abilities only extend as far as her reach, and that reach is defined by the boundaries of Sennadar.  It's why she couldn't find the souls of the Sorcerers who died on Pyrosia or what happened to them, because they existed outside of her domain.

If Niami projected into Concordant Opposition, she might be able to find him, but it would NOT be easy.  For one, that's one BIG DAMN PLANE.  For another, Tarrin is actively trying to conceal himself, because he doesn't want the One to feel him coming, so he's subconsciously using his power to mask his presence.  Yes, anyone that looks at him would know what he is, but they STILL have to be close enough to see him.  Niami's intimate knowledge of Tarrin and his soul would give her a very good chance of being able to sense him from a distance, but it would be very, very iffy.

Tarrin is on the hunt, and a hunter doesn't give away his position if he wants to catch his prey.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
thisandthat
Sorcerer

Post by thisandthat »

Any way you slice it ... "THE ONE" is going to get shortened.

Using Tarrin's own words "Once I get my paws on you ... your done"
"Molon labe!" ("Come and get them!")

—King Leonidas of Sparta,
when asked to lay down his force's arms.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Do you think Tarrin can shapechange in this Crossroad's dimension?  I wonder if he could fool the One.  And I figure he'll eventually meet up with the God of Gods and have his position in Sennadar worked out that way.

J-Man5
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Well, he did build himself as a werecat, so I don't see why he couldn't shapechange. Given that the One has had some experience with him, though, I highly doubt he would be fooled by an innocent little black cat.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

What would happen if that sword got taken to Tarrin in the outer planes. Would that allow him to so to speak become a stronger god. Remember nearly all his power is in the sword so what he has at the moment is mere remnets.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

belgarion213 wrote:What would happen if that sword got taken to Tarrin in the outer planes. Would that allow him to so to speak become a stronger god. Remember nearly all his power is in the sword so what he has at the moment is mere remnets.

Good point.  Since all Tarrin is now is technically a divine soul, once he destroy's the One, could he anchor himself in that plane and actually become a real god, but with his full power in both dimensions?

Support my brother.
Dash
Sorcerer

Post by Dash »

I wonder if Tarrin gained any power from the ALL of Pyrosia. It was a rather eager little puppy.

The ALL read his entire mind, and saw his purpose. I wonder if it saw that he was going to destroy the one, and gave him an edge that won't appear till later :)
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

dash wrote:I wonder if Tarrin gained any power from the ALL of Pyrosia. It was a rather eager little puppy.

The ALL read his entire mind, and saw his purpose. I wonder if it saw that he was going to destroy the one, and gave him an edge that won't appear till later :)
This may be a dumb question, but if Tarrin could use the All on Pyrosia, why can't Triana?

MommyDoom
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

mommydoom wrote:
This may be a dumb question, but if Tarrin could use the All on Pyrosia, why can't Triana?

MommyDoom

Tarrin was accessing the All through his divine status.  The Cat doesn't recognize that there is an All, since it doesn't have the touch of Aiyse on it.

Support my brother.