New Forum Looks

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

New Forum Looks

Post by Mizriath »

Darn, I keep getting ... URL not in existence. I got to find another way in and found this instead. Great new looks although I am still feeling my way round it.

HAPPY Father's Day to all the guys with kids.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: New Forum Looks

Post by Spec8472 »

Mizriath wrote:Darn, I keep getting ... URL not in existence. I got to find another way in and found this instead.
I've fixed the URL on the sennadar.com site - for some reason, no matter what I do, I can't get a .htaccess rule to redirect "http://sennadar.com/forum", however it will redirect "http://sennadar.com/forum/" (note the slash)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

:D Hi Spec,

No prob, just highlighting the problem. I am a dumbo when it comes to such problem meself. HAd to call administrator. :lol:
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

Spec, if all else fails, try to create a FILE (not a directory) with the name "forum" and put in a redirection code there. Not the cleanest solution, but it should be failsafe.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Quindo Ma wrote:Spec, if all else fails, try to create a FILE (not a directory) with the name "forum" and put in a redirection code there. Not the cleanest solution, but it should be failsafe.
That doesn't work - because there is a directory which has the .htaccess doing the main redirects, and (atleast, via FTP) it won't let me create a file with the same name as the directory.
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Spec8472 wrote:
Quindo Ma wrote:Spec, if all else fails, try to create a FILE (not a directory) with the name "forum" and put in a redirection code there. Not the cleanest solution, but it should be failsafe.
That doesn't work - because there is a directory which has the .htaccess doing the main redirects, and (atleast, via FTP) it won't let me create a file with the same name as the directory.
Rename the forum directory. Then you can create the file with the redirect.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Spec8472 wrote:
See what's happening at the moment with "/forum"? its appending the path of the actual directory - "/home/sennadar_domain/sennadar.plebian.net/forum", and sending them on to forums.sennadar.com.

Which isn't exactly what I wanted.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

dstar wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:
And then my other redirection (for links to http://sennadar.com/forum/etcetc") wont exist... so, no...
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Spec8472 wrote:
dstar wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:
And then my other redirection (for links to http://sennadar.com/forum/etcetc") wont exist... so, no...
Can you give me the rule you're using to redirect in the .htaccess file? It should be possible to move that up a level, but I'd have to see how you're doing it to say.