Weavespinner

Subjugation, chapter 17 - Spoilers

Post by Spec8472 »

Spoilers Discussion here :)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Subjugation, chapter 17 - Spoilers

Post by Mizriath »

Sigh... A chapter that introduces questions but villify some others by giving answers but leads to more questions.

Kimdori is getting more interesting. But what is their motive in sending Jason back besides fulfilling a promise. The Kimdori has always pique my interest. Do they have 'evil' intent?

For one Jason will not run out of toys. But where will Myleena stand?
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Spec8472 wrote:Spoilers Discussion here :)

Marbles, f'ing Marbles! just doesn't come close anymore ...

Jyslin, f'ing Jyslin.....sounds like Trilinne should have left jason alone they would have been much better off.
Your rebellion is costing Trillane a fortune.”
“I’m glad they’re not going crazy with worry.”
“They are, Jason, but by devoting herself to standing in your shadow and carrying on your vision, Jyslin seeks to lose herself both in her work and in your goal. Kiaari told me that she carries around a picture that broadcasted on INN of your burned-out car, and every time she gets tired, she looks at it and then goes back to work.”
I think the Dutchess should have studied human history more.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve"
"Admiral Isoruko Yamamoto" (Dec, 1941)

Every which way but loose..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

It would seem Jason has many more Powerful friends then even he could imagine.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

As must as I'm overwhelmed with childish delight I must say this is the most confusing Christmas chapter so far. :D
My question is did the selective breeding thing continue after the destruction of Karis? Is it only Jason and Myleena's ancestors that were result of the genetic messing around of the Karinnes of are they a continuation of it through the Kimori's helping hand? Consider that Myleena is the last descendant of her line(all others die too young or childless), and Jason doesn't seem to have any relatives.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Was the pairing of Faey and Human part of the Program, or was it a necessary survival thing? With genetic engineering, any problems with inbreeding could be solved, so I wonder which it was. We know they were on Earth in the first place to escape, but did they continue the Program on Earth? If so, how powerful is Jason really?

Personally, I think we're going to see some telekinesis from him. But that's just me.

And I was upset that Rann was killed... I liked him. We have a lot of information about the Karinnes now, but I want more!!! Are you done with the next chapter yet, Fel? :twisted:
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Yeah I'm think there will be some telekinesis, It's gonna be thrilling. I hope they go back to Earth scenery soon though.

Also:
There were even documented cases of Karinne nobles having telekinetic ability, which was as rare among the Faey as telepathy was among humanity.
Does this mean that there are natural human telepaths and how did telekinesis got introduced into Faey genetics?
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

I'm still waiting to find out what would make Jason's opinion of Kimdori change.. I mean nothing said in Chapter 17 would make his opinion of them change, it also does not explain what Debt the Kimdori owe Jasons Family...

Eagerly awaiting Chapter 18 to answer all these questions...
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Fiferguy wrote:Was the pairing of Faey and Human part of the Program, or was it a necessary survival thing? With genetic engineering, any problems with inbreeding could be solved, so I wonder which it was. We know they were on Earth in the first place to escape, but did they continue the Program on Earth? If so, how powerful is Jason really?

Personally, I think we're going to see some telekinesis from him. But that's just me.

And I was upset that Rann was killed... I liked him. We have a lot of information about the Karinnes now, but I want more!!! Are you done with the next chapter yet, Fel? :twisted:
Heh.

All of the Generations have telekinetic ability. Every single one.

Jason does too, he's just never had need to use it.

The only problem is, this power is very weak. Jason could move a feather or a piece of paper, but that's about it.

BUT.

The Gestalt amplifies his abilities. With the gestalt on, he can move about 20 pounds.

Myleena is another story. She ALREADY has telekinetic ability, she just keeps it a secret. With a gestalt on, she could move around 100 pounds.
Last edited by Fel on Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

when karis was destroyed there was an alien race that declared war, is this because of the students or another reason, also would they support house karinne, also telepathy and telekenisis, scientists of this calibre would not stop here. also computer AI do you think, possible sentient, but conside the impact of a computer system like this on earth, no trillane system will be safe. also, how is jason getting home, no earth travelled allowed. hes going to fight in to earth air of creep round the security.
.S.A.M.K.M
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Metatrone wrote:Yeah I'm think there will be some telekinesis, It's gonna be thrilling. I hope they go back to Earth scenery soon though.

Also:
There were even documented cases of Karinne nobles having telekinetic ability, which was as rare among the Faey as telepathy was among humanity.
Does this mean that there are natural human telepaths and how did telekinesis got introduced into Faey genetics?
They're gonna be on Karis for a while. Jason has more to discover. I just didn't want the chapter to turn into a 70 page monster, so I broke it in half.

That line refers to the fact that telepathy was introduced into the humans by the Faey. They were very rare when one looked at the overall human population. The Karinnes with documented telekinetic ability were rare, at least THAT THE IMPERIUM KNEW ABOUT. The truth was, ALL of the engineered Karinnes were telekinetic. Every one of them. It was just that most of them had telekinetic ability that was so weak that it was basicly negligible.

Jason is one of these.

Some, though, had documented power, and could move weights of up to 20 pounds.

Myleena is one of these.

The Gestalts amplify their telekinetic ability as well as their telepathic ability. Now that Jason has a gestalt, he could move probably around 20 pounds or so. If Myleena had a gestalt, she could probably move around 100 pounds.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

SYED wrote:when karis was destroyed there was an alien race that declared war, is this because of the students or another reason, also would they support house karinne, also telepathy and telekenisis, scientists of this calibre would not stop here. also computer AI do you think, possible sentient, but conside the impact of a computer system like this on earth, no trillane system will be safe. also, how is jason getting home, no earth travelled allowed. hes going to fight in to earth air of creep round the security.
I personally do not see Jason going back to Earth Until everything is settled, or close to being setttled, I see him leaving Krias and going back to have a "talk" with the Emperess, and Trilliane being Removed from Earth, and Jason going back at that point.

Edit:

Also If I read it correctly, I am not sure how Patent Laws work in the Imperium, But would Jason not be able to claim all Patents of his house? If so, the Imperium would owe him a LOT of money...
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

what we know is the imperial pay money into acounts rgardless, if it is a house account. claim it as kArinne
.S.A.M.K.M
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel wrote:They're gonna be on Karis for a while. Jason has more to discover. I just didn't want the chapter to turn into a 70 page monster, so I broke it in half.
So does this mean that you have another 30+ pages already worked up?

J-Man5
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

I don't mind 70 page monsters...
but do what you think is best, it's your book, just don't stop writing and there won't be any problems... not that I'm capable of actually doing anything if there are problems... well, not to you anyways, but the people living near me might not agree....

on a different note, jason and myleena are currently the only two that can wear gestalt, as the engineering is what allows this...

imagine what he can do in a mech now... his natural piloting with his tech inventiveness, plus the reaction time of telepathy? it'd take a fleet to stop him, and the only way that would work is by filling every place he could go with enough fire to take out his shields... and that fleet would be gutted by the end of the day...

and if he uses his brain to make a remote device to pilot the mech from... he could rule the skys anywhere inside his telepathic range... and with the gestalt to increase his range...
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

J-Man5 wrote:
Fel wrote:They're gonna be on Karis for a while. Jason has more to discover. I just didn't want the chapter to turn into a 70 page monster, so I broke it in half.
So does this mean that you have another 30+ pages already worked up?

J-Man5
No, but it means you got a chapter before christmas instead of a 70 page chapter released probably after the new year.

Deal with it. ;)