Subjugation Glossary/measurement?

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Subjugation Glossary/measurement?

Post by Belgarion213 »

So I've been doing some rereading because Subjugation is seriously a pretty awesome story and I was wondering if anybody had some written down notes of well...what certain Fey words mean.

Specifically, I'm talking about units of weight and distance but the Fey Calendar wouldn't go amiss either. I think that the definitions are spread throughout the story but its hard to track them all down. I know, for example in Chapter 1 of Conviction.

The reason I'm asking is well I'm trying to get some thoughts into my mind, for example, Shya can lift 'about 20 konn', and Rann can lift about 40 konn (before he uses a biogenic crystal for boosted power that is) but...I have no idea how much weight is that.

Any help would be appreciated if somebody has things like this written down somewhere.
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Subjugation Glossary/measurement?

Post by Fel »

I don't have access to my ref file on this computer, but I do remember a few of them:

a shakra is 1.2 feet, about 36 centimeters. A tikra is 1.2 inches, or about 3 centimeters. A kathra is .52 miles, just a bit shorter than a kilometer.

A konn is roughly equivalent to a kilogram, or roughly close to 2.2 pounds. I don't remember the exact conversion number, but it's close.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Re: Subjugation Glossary/measurement?

Post by Belgarion213 »

Thanks, that helps a lot in understanding how powerful Shya's telekinetic power is. Do you by chance know how powerful Jason's telekinetic (without the gestalt) is in comparison to his son's?