Earth Bond, Chapter 11 - Discussion

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Re: Earth Bond, Chapter 11 - Discussion

Post by Mark_Reed »

ANTIcarrot wrote:Either way he's been through a first world education system, and he's in a position of power where he may have to make important decisions that may affect millions, or hundreds of millions or billions. He needs to understand how to tell truth from bullshit and if he can't do that then he is not qualified for his office. :evil:
*Shakes his head* I wish I could have your faith in the system, AntiCarrot, to assume that most of the people serving in the US government were qualified for their office.

I mean, just looking at the most visible position of them all (the President), can you honestly say that 100% of them have been qualified? I could point to members in either party that I would strongly question. And once you go down a level or two, you're dealing with people who make decisions affecting thousands to millions of lives who have gotten their position based on how well they can social network.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

lol sad but true
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

At the very least, the navy will want to get that sub inspected so find out why it flooded and sank.

Dragons will want more human wizards, they are their kin, they are all children of gaia. Simply make crystals to test humans. Many governments would be eager for wizards so no one gets an advantage, they get a bunch of specially skilled people.
.S.A.M.K.M
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Mark_Reed wrote:*Shakes his head* I wish I could have your faith in the system, AntiCarrot, to assume that most of the people serving in the US government were qualified for their office.
Hey hey hey! I never said that! Please do not insert such filthy and unwholesome words in my mouth! :shock: What I said (effectively) was that a basic high school education (including science) should be the minimal qualifacation for any positions of power - and that people who would flunk if tested now shouldn't be given the jobs. I'm well aware that they do. That's why I was ambivolent about how deeply realistic/cynical the character is...
I is an certified nut
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

ANTIcarrot wrote:
Mark_Reed wrote:*Shakes his head* I wish I could have your faith in the system, AntiCarrot, to assume that most of the people serving in the US government were qualified for their office.
Hey hey hey! I never said that! Please do not insert such filthy and unwholesome words in my mouth! :shock: What I said (effectively) was that a basic high school education (including science) should be the minimal qualifacation for any positions of power - and that people who would flunk if tested now shouldn't be given the jobs. I'm well aware that they do. That's why I was ambivolent about how deeply realistic/cynical the character is...

ohhooo! Two things you should never discuss are politics and religions. So better keep to topics or this channel will go up in flames with (trolling) discussions.
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago