Spirit Walker - Chapter 16 (Spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Spirit Walker - Chapter 16 (Spoilers)

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Fel wrote:I've spent that last couple of weeks rewriting and rewriting the end of the chapter. I just couldn't get it right enough to statisfy me, but I think I have it, so I just have to wrap it up.
How so? What did you dislike about the draft as it is?

Oh yes, and since you said you accepted suggestions, I've PMed you a particularly underhanded way that Little Miss could use to trick everyone into having each other's children, if she has the gumption to think of it. :twisted:
I is an certified nut
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: Spirit Walker - Chapter 16 (Spoilers)

Post by dellstart »

knowing u it would be quite dastardly indeed.... :twisted:
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

WHy not invite the crystal cutters and alchemists in the danger zones, to relocate their shops to beyond arcan borders. PLace with easy access to crystal , plenty of workers to help production. How hard would it be to creat guns, the proper way. mass produce ammunition for the up comming wars. plenty of refuggees to help bolster human numbers. give warning to the local humans so can run away. if they destroy enough inferstructure in the area to force the other to spend resources.

once loregaurd are trapped in home city, deactivate all arcan security, and send a message to head for the sewers.

while human armies fight it ouut, send arcans to pillage the area for supplies and arcans.

if city is destroyed alchemy secrets are gonne.
.S.A.M.K.M
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

SYED wrote:WHy not invite the crystal cutters and alchemists in the danger zones, to relocate their shops to beyond arcan borders. PLace with easy access to crystal , plenty of workers to help production. How hard would it be to creat guns, the proper way. mass produce ammunition for the up comming wars. plenty of refuggees to help bolster human numbers. give warning to the local humans so can run away. if they destroy enough inferstructure in the area to force the other to spend resources.

once loregaurd are trapped in home city, deactivate all arcan security, and send a message to head for the sewers.

while human armies fight it ouut, send arcans to pillage the area for supplies and arcans.

if city is destroyed alchemy secrets are gonne.
Well, for a start they might not say yes. How many plantation owners would accept an invatation to Africa during the American Civil War? The Arcans are aiming for independence from the humans (bless) and setting up a human guild or six wouldn't help that cause. The arcans don't need human help, and the Americans probably don't understand British chemistry. Bad things can happen if you try and load a cottonpowder gun with black powder. There are also only 'plenty of crystals' in Arcan territory if all the shamans sit in their backsides for months at a time doing nothing but making crystals. And while they probably see a benifit in medical and communication devices - the Arcans and Spirits will not wish to become a crystal-based economy when they see what happened to the Americans. (No no. I'm sure they'd by far prefer to become a coal based one. Much safer. What could go wrong with that?)

Also the point of getting all the human armies into one big scrap is to prevent them from noticing anything else. Anything that pulls their attention away risks one of them noticing an outside threat, and them disengaging prematurely to address that outside threat. An underground railroad, or any covert arcan activity at all (kyven aside) would very likely present itself as such a distraction.
I is an certified nut
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

So they want the human armies to deal with each other, simply wait till both armies are heavily in combat and then knock out the crystals in the area, no communication and weaoins are guns or blades.

warn all the towns they will be destroyed in the battles to come. also when retreating, rember anything left will bve used by the armies.

Set up a secure forward trading post to buyarcans for crystals. more value in many at a time. seeing as arcans means collar costs, better to cash out. wouldnt the loreguard have all sorts onn arcan property.

Act as neutral party to facilitate prisoner exchanges, so good reputation and so humans keep fighting, same for healing.
.S.A.M.K.M