hey Fel Inquiring Minds wanna know......

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: hey Fel Inquiring Minds wanna know......

Post by Lochar »

Fiferguy wrote:Is it just me, or does Wii sound more like something you'd do in private than a new console system?
It grows on ya. Annoyingly slow to type though.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

pft.

I'm on page like 25, but i'm about to take the Dreaded Axe to the last 5 pages I've written and do some major rework. I didn't explain everything well enough.

The scene in question is the one where Everything Gets Explained, so it has to be just right.

Oh, and you finally get to meet the Empress Dahnai Merrane.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:pft.

I'm on page like 25, but i'm about to take the Dreaded Axe to the last 5 pages I've written and do some major rework. I didn't explain everything well enough.

The scene in question is the one where Everything Gets Explained, so it has to be just right.

Cool beans, wonders if she'll have the Hots for Jason too...

You could also put out part of the chapter like you did with 18 :P
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Hearly wrote:

Jason is to the faey women an equivelant to cats and catnip... they just can't get enough of him. The denmother already told us that... now we just get to sit back and watch the man work the room 8) :twisted:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

michaelsuave wrote:
Hearly wrote:

Jason is to the faey women an equivelant to cats and catnip... they just can't get enough of him. The denmother already told us that... now we just get to sit back and watch the man work the room 8) :twisted:

~Michael 8)
And I was thinking the empress is like 150 years old... elves do live a long life in my mind... a royal creature.... well when the Faey gets hot, age does not matter.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Thanks Fel, finally I am getting some answers on why Empress Dahnai Merrane is so so so interested in Jason.... There was just something there that is so perplexing. Well the plot has to unravel sometime.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Pft, Empresses are a bit more resistant to a pretty face and a cute butt. She thinks Jason is cute, but she's more interested in his mind, and much more interested in where he stands and what secrets of the Karinnes he might possess. However, something he says when he finally gets in front of her REALLY piques her curiosity, and you know how Faey are when they get curious.

Dahnai, on the other hand, is quite proud of her own cute butt. She works out quite a bit, you see, and has a 20 foot tall statue of herself, posing nude, in the entry hall of her palace, so everyone can admire her sculpted muscular form.

Ask her, and she'll tell you how much she can bench press, freestyle, curl, squat, and dead lift.

Dahnai's a character I've been saving. She's part Keritanima, part Jenna, and part Symone, a smart, observant lady with an informal attitude, a barbed tongue, and naughty sense of humor, who was put on the throne when she was a child, and grew up very hard and very fast under that crushing responsibility. She still tries to deal with the notion of the leaders of the Highborn houses that she's still a naive child, and occasionally uses it as a weapon against them because they think she's still the flat-chested, nervous little girl they remember, and not the politically savvy 40 year old (about 28 in human years) woman who has grown comfortably into her power.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:Pft, Empresses are a bit more resistant to a pretty face and a cute butt. She thinks Jason is cute, but she's more interested in his mind, and much more interested in where he stands and what secrets of the Karinnes he might possess. However, something he says when he finally gets in front of her REALLY piques her curiosity, and you know how Faey are when they get curious.

Dahnai, on the other hand, is quite proud of her own cute butt. She works out quite a bit, you see, and has a 20 foot tall statue of herself, posing nude, in the entry hall of her palace, so everyone can admire her sculpted muscular form.

Ask her, and she'll tell you how much she can bench press, freestyle, curl, squat, and dead lift.

Dahnai's a character I've been saving. She's part Keritanima, part Jenna, and part Symone, a smart, observant lady with an informal attitude, a barbed tongue, and naughty sense of humor, who was put on the throne when she was a child, and grew up very hard and very fast under that crushing responsibility. She still tries to deal with the notion of the leaders of the Highborn houses that she's still a naive child, and occasionally uses it as a weapon against them because they think she's still the flat-chested, nervous little girl they remember, and not the politically savvy 40 year old (about 28 in human years) woman who has grown comfortably into her power.
Um, Fel, was that a Mistake or a Spoiler you just gave us, Dahnai Knows Jason is Karinne?

Hmmm... I can't wait to see Chapter 19
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

She knows he's a Karinne. She knows because the Kimdori told her so. ;)
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fel wrote:She knows he's a Karinne. She knows because the Kimdori told her so. ;)
Um, wait that doesn't make sense I mean the Kimdori wouldn't tell Jason what he was because the of the Promise made, but they tell the Empress?

Hmm, I really really can't wait for Chapter 19..

Edit: Oh well I guess I'll have to wait for Chapter 19, when all the questions get answered, and probably cause us to have 20 other questions...

Edit 2: It sounds like the "fix" is in already Fel..
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Hearly wrote:
Fel wrote:She knows he's a Karinne. She knows because the Kimdori told her so. ;)
Um, wait that doesn't make sense I mean the Kimdori wouldn't tell Jason what he was because the of the Promise made, but they tell the Empress?

Hmm, I really really can't wait for Chapter 19..

Edit: Oh well I guess I'll have to wait for Chapter 19, when all the questions get answered, and probably cause us to have 20 other questions...

Edit 2: It sounds like the "fix" is in already Fel..
Arrgh.. Typical Fel. An answer that invites more questions... hundreds of question. Like Hearly says, why does the empress have relations with a Kimdori. Or is it the Kimdori putting their noses into Faey royalty business. And the Kimdori friend with the empress is a kind of Miranda. (Which means the Kimdori is filling the Gods' role).

Did the Kimdori allied itself to Merrane after the destruction of Karis or before?

I guess Chapter 19 will reveal the answer and not push to Chapter 20 and then 21 and then 22... hehe. Just losing myself in numbers.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Psst Fel. I do hope you get some sleep and not burn yourself out. I hope you are not burning too much midnight candles. We are eager for the stories but we can be patient.
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

You could also be thinking too complicated.
Maybe Jason has just told the Kimdori to relay that information about him ;)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Quindo Ma wrote:You could also be thinking too complicated.
Maybe Jason has just told the Kimdori to relay that information about him ;)
Heh. The empress has been long interested in Jason way before Jason knows he is a Karinne. Way back from Myleena being sent to Earth to bring him back. After Miaari found the Jason by accident when Kumi visited Jason. The Kimdori already knows Myleena will be sent to take him on. The Kimdori started their interest in him then, the Empress also started by getting the Ministry of Technology so interested in him by giving him the master key.

That was the thing that got me so perplex... and Fel just answered that the Kimdori told the Empress that he is Karinne. The empress will immediately try to seek him out. The empress is only interested in him and that is why she brought him back all the way to Draconis. She will be pretty mad when Jason disappear but the Kimdori will tell her that Jason is safe and will come back to see her. The empress is appeased but will be surprised when Jason appear in front of her claiming Karinne heritage and Earth ownership. He will give her the proof, and the empress will ask for time to verify the claim while the other noble houses will raise a stink. Especially Trillane...

Miz
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Y'all are just figuring out that the mysterious benefactor who gave him all those nice toys is the Empress?

Tsk, tsk. No way anyone would risk giving an exomech to a rebel unless the boss signed off on it.