Retribution, potential ideas

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

Retribution, potential ideas

Post by SYED »

The loss of the dreamers would be a huge strike against the benga. Do we know if the energy beings are all evacuating? If some of them remain behind to run the remaining consortium assets as a new corpArations, their abilities unhindered by dreamers would be a huge advantage. They won't be able to go to open warfare due to the torsion diffusers, but a Cold War or resistance could be deeply effective. It would keep the syndicate occupied.
.S.A.M.K.M
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Retribution, potential ideas

Post by Wolfee »

Or say Jason and Myleena come up with a way to destroy the dreamer star system that does destroy the enemy fleet, but are able to shield the dreamers planet. That would be a serious double blow. The loss of the dreamers and 1/10 of their fleet in one day.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

One thing to think of, though it doesn't really fly with Jason's plan of making the Dreamers think they are going to die, and its definitely against Jason's morals is simply....inform the Consortium of the dreamers existence. IIRC from I think it was Unification, when we first got info on the situation in Andromeda was that the Consortium had no idea why they were suddenly losing the war so decisively. This, to me at least, says that they have no idea about the existence of the Dreamers.

Hmm...a question that I don't think we have answered yet. How do the Syndicate counteract the Energy Beings, specifically the one that could spy on the entire Confederacy? DO they have a method of counteracting them?
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

I disagree that it is against Jason moral code to make the dreamers think that they are going to die. If he actually exterminated them... now that would be against his code.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

My point about the moral code was telling the Consortium about them, because the Consortium has shown that they will throw their ethics out the window in the name of survival (aka the attack on Karis) and so would like to use the Dreamers themselves...however the consortium showing up to the Dreamers worlds to try and slug it out with 10% of the Syndicate Fleet would be a great distraction for literally stealing a planet
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The impression I got is that the benga moved the dreamers to the moon they are currently secured on. So they might have a true home and history else where.

The benga has to be subtle in their domination of the dreamers. They can't use telepathic power outright, because it would likely awaken their own telepathic power. Do they keep the whole species locked in a dream world, or just the precogs? I doubt the benga has achieved merge level technology, but they do have some kind of mind interaction technology. If it can be enhanced in the future by merge or even communion, might allow other methods to achieve precognition.

There is a deep telepathic technique, that was used to try to infiltrate Karis. A hidden personality that ready to activate. It would be hidden from most telepathic scans, it needs a very deep search to locate. I wonder if like how their language was hidden in her head, there might be more hidden away. It is said the benga fear them becoming telepaths, what if when their talent awakens, they gain access to the knowledge that was hidden away by their people. I bet due to the fact the faey are related to the dreamers, they were recognized and allowed access to some of the hidden knowledge.
.S.A.M.K.M
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

Belgarion213 wrote:...because the Consortium has shown that they will throw their ethics out the window in the name of survival (aka the attack on Karis) and so would like to use the Dreamers themselves...
Two additions: First, the Consortium would have gained much more if they had just asked for help. Instead, they came intend on conquering and taking over. They might think that they had to fight some innocent civilizations to survive, but that tells us more about how they see the world and do business and they didn't even try to talk first.

Second, telling them about the Dreamers wouldn't help Jason in any way. It might even hurt him in several different ways. Will the Consortium use the information to steal some Dreamers and use them in the same old way, will they just go destroy that world or perhaps they'll just send their colonists on to the milky way and use the information to gain trust (well, more like good behavior points) when those left behind become yet another Mega-Company under the new regime?
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Simply perpetuate the Syndicate lie, that the benga have some kind of super computer called the oracle system for advanced predictions. The Karrines will soon elimate the system, so that advantage will be gone. The consortium must be aware there is something hinky about syndicate tactics and strategies. Such a system would answer do many questions for them.

Design a raiding/pirate/privateer fleet for the consortium, trade them their incoming fleet for these ships.

His satan marbles took out an entire space station, imagine if he uses the the wormhole system to launch them to the center of benga insulations through out their empire.
.S.A.M.K.M
acolodude
Talent

Post by acolodude »

any idea when the new book will begin????
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Strongly leaning towards that the Dreamers once they express their telepathic skills, that can commune and have telekinetic abilities. Why else would the Benga only use very young Dreamers for their 'Oracle System' and then kill them them in mid to late teens? The other question stands is why did they moved from the they were found to the small moon? Were the Benga overwhelming a one planet system with the Dreamers and getting beat off of it, taking a small part of them away to the moon and did they destroy the Dreamers planet? Too many what ifs yet to know.

Will Aria express her telepathic power before or after Jason saves the Dreamers?
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

SYED wrote:The loss of the dreamers would be a huge strike against the benga. Do we know if the energy beings are all evacuating? If some of them remain behind to run the remaining consortium assets as a new corpArations, their abilities unhindered by dreamers would be a huge advantage. They won't be able to go to open warfare due to the torsion diffusers, but a Cold War or resistance could be deeply effective. It would keep the syndicate occupied.

Syed, are you leaning to that the Energy Beings are playing both sides to save themselves?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

It was mentioned that the remains of the consortium that was surrendering was going to become a new corparation. I assumed that if those energy beings stayed behind, that they would use their abilities to improve their own positions, if they can't defeat the benga.so their plan is to play both sides after the surrender.

They could have a form of communion but I doubt it, but I could see telepathy being more available. The biogenic crystals are telepathic but only on its own frequency. It is possible for unaltered telepaths to perceive or even understand but not send on the frequency. That is why generations had to be created to be able to talk to them. Imagine if they could create a crystal that could understand normal telepathy communication. Even if fractionally faster than current jack technology, it would be in high demand. Imagine the the possibility of it can also enhance telepathic power.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Ok personally, i think this topic could have waited a few weeks at the very least before being started. It basicly stopped the "conviction chapter 14" discussion topic cold in my opinion when this one started.

But since its here, there is a question asked on twitter right after chapter 14 came out that Fel answered that might be interesting to discuss and might be relevant in the next book.

Question - things on Karis are going super well! When's the monkey wrench gonna hit?
Answer by Fel - lol, yes, there's one coming. It's big. And scary.

I have thought quite a bit about what this monkey wrech could be and have come up with a number of possibilities, but none seem likely. The most likely in my opinion is a successful or partially successful espionage attempt by a member of the Confederation, or maybe even Consortium agents that infiltrated the Confederation before the Consortiums first fleet was destroyed. The Consortium did have informants and agents in the Confederation since they were able to send that missle attack on the palace, infect a guard to try and assassinate Dahnai, and steal the specs the Karinnes sent out before the battle at karis on how to jump interdiction outward. I highly doubt all those agents are gone, but are they still loyal to the Consortium?
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The dreamers have been seperated from the faey for millennium, so i wonder what ever caused their unique abilities be passed amongst Karis. It was only luck that Jason detected the change the imperial family was undergoing. Imagine a full scale alteration. And it might not just be humans and faey, the virus could be passed amongst other races.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

kyli wrote: Question - things on Karis are going super well! When's the monkey wrench gonna hit?
Answer by Fel - lol, yes, there's one coming. It's big. And scary.
Hey, wait, I figured this out. Gonna pull an old Fel quote out: http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.ph ... ybi#p30242
Fel wrote:Jason absolutely forbade the continuation of the Program, and introducing a second retrovirus to mutate existing Karinnes into Genertaions would definitely be part of the Program.

But Cybi does work on her own, and she DOES do things she doesn't want Jason to know about. As what she did to him with Kereth's help proves, she obeys him, at least until his orders countermand her own goals.

Aaaaaaand, that does come to light much later in the overall plot arc, as in not in Inception.
So Cybi turns evil and we have a terminator style revolution. Cybi (and the CBIM's) and all the bionoids, verses all life everywhere. :lol: :P :evil: :lol: :P :evil:
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."