I'm kinda speechless, but thoroughly grateful.

Fel
Weavespinner

I'm kinda speechless, but thoroughly grateful.

Post by Fel »

When I decided to put up the paypal button, I was hoping to get enough to cover sennadar.com....

Well, let's just say that sennadar.com will never expire.

To everyone who donated: All I can say is thank you.

I wish I could say I went out and bought a fancy (Hot Wheels) ferrari, but I can say that you guys were a godsend. Your donations dug me out of my hole, my bills are caught up, and I can look at the mail coming in next week when the utilities come in and not cringe.

Again, thanks guys. I don't think what I gave you was equal worth of what you sent me, but I can keep trying until it does.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: I'm kinda speechless, but thoroughly grateful.

Post by michaelsuave »

Fel wrote:When I decided to put up the paypal button, I was hoping to get enough to cover sennadar.com....

I wish I could say I went out and bought a fancy (Hot Wheels) ferrari, but I can say that you guys were a godsend. Your donations dug me out of my hole, my bills are caught up, and I can look at the mail coming in next week when the utilities come in and not cringe.

Again, thanks guys. I don't think what I gave you was equal worth of what you sent me, but I can keep trying until it does.

Um sorry, but no, I'm pretty sure I still owe you a ton more gratitude as well as cash. If I could count the number of times I've read and re-read your stories, as compared to other books I've purchased... well lets just say I still owe you for the cost of what would amount to 9 hardbound collectors edition author signed versions of each of your book, because I like them that much, and you really shouldn't have to struggle with your bills when I'm enjoying your work so much. So from all your readers, thank you James! And if you keep up the button, I'm sure more will show their gratitude in the same way, and you will get a repeat from those of us who are already trying to give a little back to you. Thanks again for everything!

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

I think the same as Michael wrote above. i am very happy that we could help you some.
You are more than welcome :D
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

i would've sent you money if i had any, unfortunately, my gfx card of € 350 just broke down, so i'm a bit short on that, if you want a card from belgium though, i'd be happy to send you one :) just send over your adress through an IM or something.

keep up the good work

(btw, you should get paid for the enjoyment you provide for us, i might press a couple of bucks with the postcards if i have any spares (i'd have to go to the bank to get your currency instead of sending you euros though :D))
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

i agree with michaelsuave,
i still owe you a couple and will send it asap
have to wait for my paycheck!
thanks

ham
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Mistra wrote:just send over your adress through an IM or something.
Fel's put his address up in the public several times.

For cards, etc, see this thread
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

michaelsuave wrote:
Fel wrote:When I decided to put up the paypal button, I was hoping to get enough to cover sennadar.com....

<snip>

And if you keep up the button, I'm sure more will show their gratitude in the same way, and you will get a repeat from those of us who are already trying to give a little back to you. Thanks again for everything!

~Michael
_Please_ keep the button up -- I wanted to donate, but I was in the middle of moving (and this month I'm in the middle of _recovering_ from moving....)
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

dstar wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:
<snip>

And if you keep up the button, I'm sure more will show their gratitude in the same way, and you will get a repeat from those of us who are already trying to give a little back to you. Thanks again for everything!

~Michael
_Please_ keep the button up -- I wanted to donate, but I was in the middle of moving (and this month I'm in the middle of _recovering_ from moving....)
I second this. I need to get my lazy butt around to balancing my checkbook before I can hit that Paypal button. But I will!!

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Texfire
Sorcerer

Post by Texfire »

I am glad that you gave us the opportunity to give back for the hours of enjoyment you have given us.

If that gives you an idea of the gratitude we have for the gift freely given then so much the better. If it allows you to continue writing without worrying about how to keep the lights on, well then that's all we could ask for.

As Michaelsuave put it, I've paid much more for much less.

Tex
kaas
Novice

Post by kaas »

definetely keep the button.
i will continue to donate. maybe not always the same amount as initially, but if giving you a little something in return for the fun i had with your books will help you pay your bills- well, nothing wrong about that!!!

kaas

greetings from amsterdam
fear1222
Sorcerer

Post by fear1222 »

KEEP THE BUTTON YOU FOOL!!! :D

You have only gotten a SMALL fraction of what I feel I owe you for the stories you have written. I am going through a hard time right now personally with the death of my Father a few months ago and now my mom has cancer. One of the few things that has allowed me to dissapear from reality if only for an hour is to read your stories and let my mind dissapear into Sennadar with Tarrin and re-live his life. The thanks I want to give I can't afford but I am glad I could help with the bills and anything else you needed the money for with what I donated. Your the best Fel and keep up the great work.
Andygal
Sorcerer

Post by Andygal »

considering that you have written 9 books, and what I sent you wasn't even enough to buy one book, I think I still owe you quite a lot of money. I've payed more then I sent for books that I didn't like, the least I could do was donate money to somebody who's writing I like.
Old signature was in need of replacement, insert clever new signature here.
NightShadow
Talent

Post by NightShadow »

I agree with pretty much everything that has already been said here. What I sent was only a small fraction of what I feel the entertainment you've provided is worth to me, and would certainly like to donate more in the future.
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

Fel keep the button. I still owe ya more. I've spent good money on bad books in the past and your writing ranks way up on my scale for great reading. Sending you more in the future will only start to balance the scales compared to the amount of reading enjoyment I have had.

Please keep up the good work and enjoy.

Lago
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

I agree with everyone else here that you definitely need to keep the button. As a fellow writer, I know the time that is invested in developing stories, and yours are some of the very best I've read. Please let us continue to express our appreciation and also help pay some of those bills. If possible, I plan on sending some every month.

Also remember, these are gifts, not income and are tax free. They are not even income that is counted against student aid. I would keep up with the totals you receive though, as an agent might find that to be solid information as to the extent and loyalty of your readers. This will be important when he tries to sell you to a publisher (if a sufficient number of people will pay the equivalent of the price of a book, it will elevate you to the status of a 'published' author in their eyes).