Links to Good Reading (Part 1)

Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Re: Links to Good Reading (Part 1)

Post by Mark_Reed »

I got bored, and decided to run through the links list again from the start. This quote is the fourth entry of the first page.

My question, primarily to MommyDoom or whomever has read this site is- can these novels be read by someone who has never seen an episode of Buffy? Anything I need to know beforehand?
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Mark_Reed wrote:My question, primarily to MommyDoom or whomever has read this site is- can these novels (http://www.nickmidian.com/) be read by someone who has never seen an episode of Buffy? Anything I need to know beforehand?
I don't think I have seen even one episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer... but I have read a good deal of BtVS fanfic, including both most of Wandererverse and Journeyverse stories. I have read first two of "The Dark Reflection" series by Nick Midian (http://www.nickmidian.com/). I quite liked it, but it is in the style of TV series, which might get annoing in a longer while. And the lack of knowledge didn't help. Reading Wandererverse/Journeyverse helped though...
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Spec8472 wrote:
Were_Fan wrote: <snip>

I've got a bit more bandwidth on hand than the FifthImperium site (about 248GB/month available at the moment, increasing by 2GB/week), and I'm using less than 20GB/month over about 4 active sites - so if people want to download all the CDs, go for it :)

I keep an eye on the bandwidth usage, so don't worry too much :)
In appreciation of the Sennadar web site, I have sent you access to Baen Boks WebScription for July 2004. It had Emerald Sea, the second book in John Ringo's "Council War" series. When I bought that month, I was offered "buy one get one as a gift. I couldn't find an email address for Fel so you won the lottery. I sent the notice to: spec8472@gmail.com

There Will Be Dragons, the first book in the Council War series, is on Baen Free CD #4 on your web site.

Fel, If you are reading here, send a message to jbstolin@att.net and you will get the next WebScription I buy if they keep the 2 for 1 offer.

--
Jim
Were_Fan
Katzh-dashi
Location: NorAm, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, GalacZip 314-159-265-358-979

Post by Were_Fan »

Were_Fan wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:
Were_Fan wrote: <snip>

I've got a bit more bandwidth on hand than the FifthImperium site (about 248GB/month available at the moment, increasing by 2GB/week), and I'm using less than 20GB/month over about 4 active sites - so if people want to download all the CDs, go for it :)

I keep an eye on the bandwidth usage, so don't worry too much :)
In appreciation of the Sennadar web site, I have sent you access to Baen Boks WebScription for July 2004. It had Emerald Sea, the second book in John Ringo's "Council War" series. When I bought that month, I was offered "buy one get one as a gift. I couldn't find an email address for Fel so you won the lottery. I sent the notice to: spec8472@gmail.com

There Will Be Dragons, the first book in the Council War series, is on Baen Free CD #4 on your web site.

Fel, If you are reading here, send a message to jbstolin@att.net and you will get the next WebScription I buy if they keep the 2 for 1 offer.

--
Jim
Fel,

I need an email contact for you. I couldn't give you the free Baen WebScription I received without an email contact so I gave it to "Spec". This free month WebScription popped up when I purchased one. I couldn't find an email in your Forum profile. I had no idea Baen was going to offer a freebie or I would have asked in this forum prior to my purchase.

--
Jim
borsic
Sorcerer

Post by borsic »

Ecolea,
Changing of the Guard

I think this hasn't been posted yet. I know next to nothing about Stargate, and nearly nothing about Highlander, but I enjoyed it tremendously. Main character is Methos, btw.
Taltos
Sorcerer

Post by Taltos »

methos, the greek beer? 8)
borsic
Sorcerer

Post by borsic »

Forgotten Realms novel online! Written in 1998, and never published because of the buyout of TSR by Wizards of the Coasts:
Rise of the Blade
I have not read it yet, be warned that the quality of Forgotten Realms novels was (is?) more than shaky back then when I still read them...
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

There is new chapter of erotic story "Prudence, TX", and some news about updates. URL: http://prudence.pele.cx/

Additionally, "Prudence" is now being added to StoriesOnline.net: Prudence, TX Population 1276 by dstar, as External Link story.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Shadowhawk wrote:There is new chapter of erotic story "Prudence, TX", and some news about updates. URL: http://prudence.pele.cx/

Additionally, "Prudence" is now being added to StoriesOnline.net: Prudence, TX Population 1276 by dstar, as External Link story.
Wow...thanks for liking it enough to post about the update!

You might want to check the main page again -- there's some news about the updates that you might like. I'd also suggest checking the Pele's Playground page fairly regularly -- I'm trying to get at least a sample chapter up for each of the other stories, and Pandora's Box (also an erotic story) has the first chapter up.

Shalon Wood
borsic
Sorcerer

Post by borsic »

A fanfiction with Severus Snape as main character, concentrating mainly on the problems he faces being a spy - reminds me a bit of Ludlums "The Bourne Identity". It is not yet finished, but drawing to an end (230K words so far). excessivelyperky is someone who could easily be a professional author.
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

dstar wrote:
Shadowhawk wrote:There is new chapter of erotic story "Prudence, TX", and some news about updates. URL: http://prudence.pele.cx/

Wow...thanks for liking it enough to post about the update!

You might want to check the main page again -- there's some news about the updates that you might like. I'd also suggest checking the Pele's Playground page fairly regularly -- I'm trying to get at least a sample chapter up for each of the other stories, and Pandora's Box (also an erotic story) has the first chapter up.

Shalon Wood
What the heck, I'll be shameless...

We put up 36,000 words of Pandora's Box and ~25,000 words of Prudence last month, as well as a couple of other stories...

So if you like erotic stories, you might want to check them out while we wait for more from Fel...
canilash
Talent

Post by canilash »

I suggest : http://www.furlisophical.net Home of ThorHammer

Title: Thorhammer
Author: Ian Schue
Lenght: Long. Long Enough. 4 seasons. 10 chapters each. last chapters are hundred pages long, and more. Ongoing...
Category: Science-Fiction, Space opera
Extras: A bunch of articles detailing the Thorhammer Universe. Maps, images, 3d scenes, and more. EVERYTHING done by one person. except fan-art...

Written By Ian Schue, It is his main, and almost only, work.
The Firestaff Chronicles are long. true. However, and I may be wrong, I think Thorhammer may be longer. The very first chapter was 32 pages long. The last third of his last produced chapter is 224 pages long. What I like most about it, is that it's neither a fan story, an abandonned series, or a badly written one. It has a main character: A bounty hunter. And his crew. There's a nemesis, a princess, hidden species, a good plot, sub-plots,sub-sub-plots. Guns, swords, starships, nuclear cannons, death-star like ships, an evil emperor, a race of robots, a race of warriors, etc. etc. And I've only touched the surface. Furthermore, everything is written proffesionnaly. (I am not certified to say so, but thats my opinion. Let's say its worthy of Baen Books. Maybe.) This one has given me a large number of sleepless nights. Sorry to say, but more than Firestaff.

I have just posted this because Thorhammer is truly good reading. And after months of waiting, the latest chapter is out! Hurray! I wont sleep tonight...

P.S. I took the time to write this, time I could have spent reading... Please try THORHAMMER! Its WORTH IT! btw, Thorhammer is the story that hooked me to online fiction. It also hooked me to reading on my palm at night, and at school... gotta go read now, bye!
schloaty
Novice

Post by schloaty »

I don't think I've seen this link in here:
http://www.mrmproductions.com

This is a pretty cool set of novels! Great writing, great adventure!

Fantasy, rated T for teen, I guess.
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

HOWDY ALL

OK I AM PROVIDING A LINK HERE http://www.temeraire.org/ THAT I LIKE.

THERE IS A NEW AUTHOR NAOMI NOVIK WITH A FIRST FANTASY NOVEL OUT ENTITLED "HIS MAJESTIES DRAGON". WONDERFUL BOOK.

THE LINK IS TO THE AUTHORS WEBSITE AND HAS A SHORT EXCERPT OF THE FIRST CHAPTER OR MOST OF THE FIRST CHAPTER IF YOU LOOK FOR IT. AS WELL AS INFO ABOUT BOOKS 2 AND 3 WHICH ARE COMMING OUT IN APRIL AND MAY.

WELL WORTH THE READ......

JOHN
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

HOWDY

THE SECOND VOLUME IN THE TEMERAIRE SERIES CAME OUT TODAY. "THRONE OF JADE". AND THE THIRD IS SCHEDULED FOR 30 MAY. "BLACK POWDER WAR".

OUTSTANDING STUFF, I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO QUICKLY GET YOU OWN COPIES AND GET INTO THIS WONDERFUL NEW WORLD OF DRAGONS.

BACK TO MY NEW BOOK...

JOHN
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John